CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

That good ole groundhog

Now I know from the title it sounds like I am gonna tear into this poor fellow, but I assure you I am not.

This creature is pulled from his home early in the morning of February 2nd each year. He is paraded around as if he is a spectacle and while everyone watches under the cover of spotlights at half past dark in Pennsylvania, we wait for him to either see or not see his shadow.... Isn't this stacking the deck so that he inevitably will see his shadow and pronounce us another six weeks of cold and misery?
I mean really people, have you ever stood outside in the dark and turned floodlights on yourself and not seen your own shadow? I could do this for you instead of this poor animal, but I guarantee you, I would not be as nice about being woken up at the crack of dark.
Why should we unleash our wrath on this creture when the indecisive weather people deserve it much more?
Spring .... last time I knew Mother Nature and Father Time had the market cornered on when things happened ... it is called a natural progression.. which means it happens when it happens people.....
It has been this way forever and while I can appreciate the need to make groundhog puppets out of brown sandwich sacks and rubber cement ( do you remember those days) and keep with tradition, I also wish people would stop the eternal groaning afterward... six more weeks..... We'll be lucky if it is only six more weeks......

0 comments: