CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Teenagers...... why?

I don't remember being needy and on the list of those that my mother wanted to throttle ( she had my dad, her ex for that) I was responsible and smart and was able to stick to task without problem, granted I was a teenager awhile ago.

Fast forward to present day..... my stepson is extremely needy and is constantly needing guidance in daily life (i.e. did you do your chores, homework, etc ?) while I am inconstant need of patience and valium...haha If I don't remind him, then somehow in his adolecently chakllenged mind, its my fault he didn't accomplish something or that he can't get a handle on himself in public ( why exactly is it my fault?)

Right now I hate the phrase 'Hey, Vanessa, ________'( fill in the blank) which is said in excess of 60 times a day. I think I am going to change my name to Rumplestilskin. He is too young to know that story since today bed time stories are made of pokemon and Hannah Montana. ( Remember when it was the Muppet Show and Sha Na Na?? Wow did I just date myself..... Oohh Solid Gold too......)

Wow off topic just then, but you get my point. Back then television had an entertainment factor, not a 'suck the will to live out of you if your child subjects you to seeing.' I remember taking B to the movies a couple of years ago to see Spongebob ( insert shiver here) at the end I felt like I had lost 20 IQ points.... No wonder why our children struggle with everthing... This is the garbage they have been exposed to.

This is why my TV has a lock on it..... I am attempting to reclaim my stepson's brain and maybe grow him into a self sufficient man who stops saying 'Hey, Vanessa'

0 comments: