CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Trust

Trust is a huge word in today's environment. I learned at an early age that trust was something that was often broken in relationships. I watched my parents marriage fall apart and one of my brothers date three girls at the same time. As I got older I became jaded and cynical that relationships were something that ever worked out for anyone. I accepted the fact that trust was going to be broken and lived with that as a rule rather than an exception.

That should never have been my position. I also just assumed that trust was something to be earned. While this is something that each person is different about, as a 30 something woman, I have been trying to put the trust out there and then wait for someone to show they don't deserve my trust. The only problem with this is that I have anxiety about this entire situation. I am afraid that I am going to trust and get hurt and I will have no one to blame but myself.

Here's hoping that my trust is never misplaced again and that I can learn to relax about trusting people.....

0 comments: