CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Statistics of Divorce

They say that 50% of first, 75 % of second and 87% of third marriages will end in divorce.

That is a staggering rate that anyone bothers to calculate statistics after one. When you ( the collectiev you) get married, the vows state for better or worse, sickness and in health, good times and bad til DEATH DO YOU PART. This means that just because things gobadly from time to time that you should hire an attorney and try to decimate your once beloved in a courtroom proceeding.

Now I am not saying that a spouse who has suffered at the hans of an abuser should be in a lifelong marriage to someone who beats on them, but the majority of marriages end because one person has lost faith, has lost their way on morality or is just plain tired. In these cases, there is counseling available, marriage retreats etc to help restore the health to the marriage so that the vows that were once taken can remain in tact and both parties can be reminded of the foundation that thir marriage was founded on.

Personally I am at the point in my life where my marriage may or may not work out. There has been a lot of water under the bridge, But I am fighting to hold onto the bridge and not let it be blown to hell. I love my husband and I have admitted to my faults. I am not perfect, far from it really, and I am trying to make amends on a daily basis. When I married my husband, I was under the assumption (and you know what they say about assming) that it was a forever union.
As of yet, I haven't given up hope, faith and Love and the greatest of these is LOVE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending my thoughts and prayers to you.

Miss Hope said...

I keep you in my prayers, V. I know that I work hard every day not to become a statistic. Hang on, Sister.