CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ding Dong, It's Avon Calling

No, I haven't taken up to selling Avon, the title does have a point though.

Back in the day, if someone rang your doorbell, it was the avon lady or even the girl scouts with their cookies. Nowadays I have been peddled everything from a carpet shampoo to religion and yes even the process server ( whom left as I was screaming at him "How do you think I can have a GOOD weekend")

I live in the land of no sun between October and April to when I say its dark at 4pm, it really is. Last night someone knocked on my door at 5:13pm. It is pitch black and I don't have my front porch light on ( I live in a little subdivision) I could hear the people outside, and Bayley barked feverishly at them (who knew a beagle could be so ferocious?), but there was no way on God's green earth I was opening that door. You want me to throw open my door when its dark out and I am not expecting you?

I am not the typical person - I would rather have an axe murderer than a magazine sales person who is waging a contest to go to some great foreign land and their success depends on you selecting one of their many magazines- be at my door.

I did however come up with a clever idea last evening, later anyways... next time I will just bellow " Hang on a minute, I'm getting my shotgun" That should not only take care of the problem, it will qualify me as the young crazy woman on the block. This is easier than amassing a large amount of cats.

0 comments: